Ideas for Raising Girls in Today’s WorldAug 27, 2021
Time has passed and the way a woman is perceived in today’s society has happily improved - she is finally free! As we celebrate this great news, we must take time to examine what "free" means.
A liberated woman is not a domineering woman who feels like she needs to crush the men around her in order to “make a place” for herself in society.
A liberated woman is a woman who understands her worth, who has had the opportunity to develop her abilities in a fulfilling way, and who pursues her dreams.
The modern woman often seems always to be on top of the game in every area of her life. No matter the circumstances, she does well at work, manages her family life wonderfully, and remains feminine down to her nail polish. Everything seems so simple and yet . . .
While traveling on a plane, a friend of ours had a conversation with a producer of pornographic movies. This retelling of this conversation profoundly moved us. To our friend's question, "How do you recruit actresses?”, the producer replied, "It's very simple, we look for girls who are suffering because of the actions of their fathers."
How is this possible? The suffering they endured at the hands of their fathers, impacted their identity. It is still too often a part of the daily life of wonderful but deeply wounded women, who are hurting to the very depths of their souls.
We want our girls to grow up in an environment that allows them to flourish, to discover themselves, without becoming women who castrate the men around them or women who lack security in their identity. This fight is won, one day at a time, one heart at a time.
Thank you to all the parents, the single moms, the single dads who invest in and bless their daughters in order to help them become women according to the heart of God.
Here are some ideas to help you achieve this goal:
- Choose her name carefully so that whenever you call your daughter’s name you can use the opportunity to bless her.
- Daily remind her that she is loved for who she is: "You are my darling daughter. We are so glad that you have been entrusted to us!"
- Remind her of her value in the eyes of her Heavenly Father: "He created you. You are a wonderful little girl."
- Allow her to try sports and artistic activities that bring her deep joy so that she can discover her limits, her likes and dislikes, and what makes her want to dream.
- If you're a dad, show her the way a godly man conducts himself with a woman by respecting and loving your wife.
- Be gallant with her, this will set the bar high and prepare your daughter for her future relationships with other men.
What are your tips for raising a modern day princess?
Rachel Miquel Dufour
Would you like more tips on raising your children in the faith? Below you will find links to two of our latest YouTube lives where Eric and I take time to answer various questions we have received on how to raise children to love God and others.
Would you like to receive weekly counsel on how to grow in your understanding of God’s desire for marriage, sexuality, parenting and finding freedom from addictions?
Sign up below to receive our resources directly in your inbox!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.